Started off the day with Brown Bird who have just gotten better, if that is even possible. Discovered Spirit Family Reunion who I am now obsessed with and possibly in love with the violinist. Caught the first part of Deer Tick’s set (raspy awesomeness), the first part of Alabama Shakes set (YOUR VOICE IS NOT EVEN CLOSE TO FAIR), found a secret Sara Watkins show where my sister and I were 2 of only 4 people there, caught ALL of the First Aid Kit set-which is good, since Conor Oberst decided to make a surprise appearance and then we actually ran into him as he was leaving the stage. Checked out the first few songs of Iron and Wine’s set before situating ourselves for all of Patty Griffin (absolutely gorgeous) and My Morning Jacket, who played as long as they could before the lightening and down pouring rain shut them down. Overall I would say it was a pretty good day 1. We’re ready for day 2. SO READY.
- throughmyheadphones1 likes this
- imagineif said: conor oberst with first aid kit? i think i am currently the most jealous i have ever been of anyone or anything.
- textophage likes this
- newportfolkfest reblogged this from foolishginger and added:
- meahrae likes this
- yournovemberguest likes this
- babybathickey likes this
- foolishginger posted this